PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean Air local term hiring info for oversea Koreans
Old 25th May 2010, 03:04
blueoreas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Korean Air local term hiring info for oversea Koreans

Hi

I work for Korean air and I am quite happy here. I think a lot of people don't know that they hire oversea Koreans with less than perfect Korean and no Korean citizenship.

All you need is

University degree
1000 total hours (doesn't matter piston or turboprop)
Commercial, multi, IFR
ICAO English level 4 or up
(if you have 500 hours on turboprops or jets, your training time will be a lot shorter then who doesn't)

You will be on the local term with 10 year training bond (bond insurance avaliable through insurance company). Permanant job with no lay offs. Pension, Bonus, Tuition for your kids, company housing, company paid trips with your spouse, etc. Also, you can commute, if your fleet operates into the city and there are enough pilots to run the rotation. Currently local guys commuting bases are Vancouver, L.A., Auckland and increasing.
Most new guys gets on the B737. About two years after, you will be on the one of the long haul fleet until you upgrade. We are expanding and the upgrade time will get shorter.

Apply through Korean air website's recruitment page. You will get a response when there are enough applicants for the interview. and it is getting closer to the number, so send your application in now.

We also have a website for civil experienced pilots. www.kalpilots.net (sorry, in Korean for now) or follow us @KALCEP for more info.

Email us at [email protected] or DM @KALCEP would be the quickest way.

Thanks and good luck!

PH