PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Restricted FI - what can and can't I do?
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 22:18
DFC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The irony of course is that some who has perhaps just completed a CRI rating for SEP could of course conduct the flight 'unsupervised'.
There is no irony at all.

Look at the experience that a person wishing to obtain a CRI Rating must have compared to what the prospective FI needs. Remember also that the CRI will only ever be dealing with people who hold a licence i.e. they are either refreshing prior knowledge / previously certified skill level or extending their knowledge / skill into a new area.

If anything the irony is that the less experienced of the two gets to teach people who have never had any previous contact with an aircraft and it is only right that this is supervised during the formative stages.

-------

How can you supervise from another airfield to that of the FI(R).... as is what is happening at a school i know
You could ask - how can you supervise an instructor in a non-radio aircraft?

If you are saying that a nominated supervising FI has to be present for take-off and landing then you are never going to have an FI(R) flying with student to another aerodrome as for example during a dual navigation exercise.

Please explain how your restricted FI can teach all elements of the sylabus without ever landing at another aerodrome while teaching the student?

Are you saying that the FTO / RTF has to have one of it's supervising FI's present at away landing sites?

How can the CAA supervise all flight training in the UK (and some places outside the UK) without being present for every take-off and landing?