PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 21:42
GMC1500

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It seems that all of you that want better access for EK are only after it for selfish reasons. If you really want YYZ layovers, why not move back and stay more than a night at a time?
For myself I think I made it pretty clear, because I was going broke after working ten years as a pilot in Canada!! I'm sure most posters are familiar with the game, move your career forward, move your wages backward. Plus the bottom line is that its an underserved route. I'd be thrilled if AC wanted to start up service YYZ/DXB. Any predictions about when that's going to happen?
2) EK is able to offer fares below cost because of their stronger economic position and they are more interested in grabbing market share than making money on this seat.
If this were true, then how did EK make such nice fat profits last year while AC lost how much? Again? While charging more money to fly a shorter route??
There has to be upside for both parties in any agreement and in EKs case there isn't any upside for Canadian carriers.
Since when has it been up to AC as to who gets to provide service to Canadian citizens or tourists?? I guess that's why you're so comfortable using the term "poaching", implying that all of these passengers belong to AC as a god given right.
Pilot job prospects and wages in Canada won't increase if Canada's airlines are made weaker by poachers like EK.
Ok, let's assume EK keeps their ASMs stable in Canada for the next ten years, then you can come on here and tell us how all of Canadian pilots wages and opportunities are so much better. Unbelievable. Always pointing to the bogeyman from the outside instead of acknowledging the inherent problems in the Canadian market and addressing them.
...what's that I hear? whistling past the graveyard?...