PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Modular or Integrated 2010
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 20:55
flyboy1818

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They don't seem to care where you do your hour building or your training as long as its JAR. Probably best to do the CPL and the IR in the same place and in the UK as America is no cheaper these days.

I did 50 hours UK hour building in a mixture of aircraft followed by 50 hours in the US in a 152. Just as I got bored of UK VFR I went off to the states and experienced something totally new. The experience was epic and its something I will probably do again for fun (coast to coast touring etc).

Going modular has saved me over 50K and I have earnt a decent sum of money by keeping my job. I have minimal debts as a result of flight training. I have friends who graduated university in the same year as me and went integrated, we all started flight training around the same time. They finished training between 9 and 12 months ahead of me. They have been looking for jobs in the same way as any other flight school graduate and this includes CTC cadets.

They will be repaying debts until they hit their mid thirties, I will probably have shot of mine in less than two years. Stuff integrated and being in debt for years, I know its nice to have a brand name on your CV, but really whats the point when it puts your finances and personal life at such a disadvantage for the next decade.

Last edited by flyboy1818; 25th May 2010 at 09:02.