PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th May 2010, 20:35
Eddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by draglift
All the crew were great except for one steward who had been on strike the previous time. He was a bit surly the whole flight and at the end said to the VCC, "don't give up your day job!" The VCC cheerily replied she had temporarily given up her day job to ensure she had a day job to go back to in the future.
I suspect this is going to be happening a lot.... People who went on strike the first time around will start filtering back in because they can't afford more time off. Yet because they went off work at some point, they feel they are better than those who didn't. They feel that ONE period of striking means they are a striker. But they aren't. One period, two periods, even three periods of striking become totally irrelevant when someone shows up for work.

We all have personal reasons for coming in.

But I challenge anyone - anyone - on one of my flights during a strike to have a go at me or anyone else I'm working with because they'd previously gone on strike but had to come back for the money.