PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dyncorp
Thread: Dyncorp
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 17:14
SNS3Guppy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyncorp is a huge US government contractor doing a variety of things aviation oriented all over the globe. I went to their Air Tractor 802 class in 2002 in Albuquerque, NM.
If indeed you were really at that training program,then you'd know who was signing your checks, and it wasn't dyncorp. It still isn't.

If you know what an AT-802 is, can any of you give me an answer to that? It's a single engine, LOW wing big aircraft.
I know what an 802 is, having flown it, too. It's not that big.

The area for which you were training doesn't have many hard packed dirt roads, and seldom, if ever, has one convenient for landing if you lose a powerplant at low altitude. Additionally, you don't want to be on a line of drift or line lf communication (road) if you go down; nobody is coming to get you in a car. Unlike Albuquerque, the area you would have been working is populated by less than friendly folks who would very much like to see you captured, or dead.

Have you never put an airplane down on a mountainside before? I have. No hard-packed roads...and in reality, it's not really a choice you get to make when it's actually happening. Perhaps the instructor only wanted to see if you could do something other than act like a student pilot.

C.I.A. `nuff said.
Wrong.

Last edited by SNS3Guppy; 24th May 2010 at 21:43.