PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training, hours building and first job prospects in America
Old 24th May 2010, 14:36
anti-talk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Good grief indeed

Not wanting to get into a pissing match here but!

Every Indian National we have trained has secured a CPL H with the DGCA fairly straight forwardly (sometimes a little more paperwork needed from the training provider).

As I said, if you read my post the DGCA are just like our CAA in the UK ,but in the 50's. You just need loads of documentary evidence to support your training and then it isnt that hard - its just very 'paper' based and 'proper' and you have to jump through hoops.

Now if you are not an Indian Citizen then its actually quite difficult. A lot of resistance from the DGCA

Re Commercial ops in 44's , I hear you again, the 3 guys we trained in the last 6 months that are flying 44's are for Corporate Entities (not AOC guys).

The last point rests my case, there are no locals to fly helicopters there, hence it is an excellent opportunity. The DGCA and local operators would certainly prefer nationals flying there rather than Expats.

Just looked at your profile are you still in Mumbai, I have good friends in Puna?

I trust that clarifies what i meant