PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express Crash
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 14:16
alouette3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If this wasn't such a tragedy I would be laughing. To an outsider looking in (me) the hypocrisy displayed here is unbelievable. Since the Captain was an expat with thousands of hours we are being cautioned to "tread lightly" "wait for the report" "caused by a corrupt DGCA" "fatigue and stress" "overloaded infrastructure". If the poor guy had been an Indian national, there would have been no hesitation in rushing to judgment and talks about smoking holes would have reappeared with everyone saying "I told you so".
I know there will be a flurry of postings denying this but I am pretty sure there is a group of folks out there who are almost wishing that the Captain had been a national to prove their wild theories about incompetent Indian pilots and how Indian aviation can only be saved by British/ American/European/Australian expert expats.
You know who you are ,but go ahead and deny it. Right now, I am only concerned about the fact that a very experienced pilot was involved in a tragedy of such proportions.
RIP to all those who perished and my best to my friends and colleagues in AI and AI Express.