PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VB/Corrigan unhappy over SYD Terminal
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jul 2002, 15:37
TIMMEEEE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SydGirl - I hear what your saying.
I also remember that Red Headed,Pink Shirted Englishman just after start up proudly boasting of the fact that because they dont have to operate from a flash terminal with lounges and other facilities that they can offer cheaper rates.

That was then,this is now and here we have Chris Corrigan - a very serious individual (the Patrick Stevedoring Strike-breaking saga using scab labour is testimony to this) and businessman. He is very cognizant of the fact that expanded terminal access at Sydney Airport with many more gates is the key to his future and VB's success.

Certainly, I agree that the new owners of the old AN terminal could do things a little faster but this time around they will be seeking instead of the current $X/pax being paid to the airport operator for the use of the tin shed, VB will now have to pay big $$ to secure a lease in the new terminal and in advance also.

I reackon VB/QF will should have the upper hand as I know Chris Corrigan has got his back to the wall but moreso than Geoff Dixon.
SQ could possibly be a very serious threat if they indeed carry out this proposed third airline.

As a recent investor in VB Mr Corrigan definitely does not want to see his investment in VB under threat.

Last edited by TIMMEEEE; 23rd Jul 2002 at 15:40.