PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 13:21
TopTup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shanx (and others),

Do you not think the media knows this? The management at AI knows this, the TRI / TRE's know this, the pilots themselves know this? Do you not think the TRE who arrives at the sim 1.5 hrs late knows he is? That he knows he is doing the wrong thing when he fraudulently completed DGCA and AI report? That the "Training and Safety Dept" calling in pilots to change their assessments and reviews KNOW they are doing the wrong thing?

They actively CHOOSE to do nothing! The regulatory authorities KNOW THIS!!! Go to the SE Asia Forum and see the utter resentment I and others have received by posting such issues previously. There are calls of racism, of "if you don't like [Incredible] India then get out!.....We don't need you damn foreigners when we have 4000 pilots with CPL's [175-200 hrs TT] qualified to do your jobs!" And, there is great pressure to bring this about.

I am so unbelievably sorry to be of the opinion that this will happen again, and again throughout the world so long as standards and safety are compromised for personal gain, incompetence and share market advances.

Hey, lets not just look at AI. What of the Dash 8 accident into Buffalo recently? Have the FDTL's, training or standards been improved there? We all read the reports, the conditions, the experience, the fatigue, etc, all attributing to that accident! Oh the media attention! The outrage! The heated conversations amongst pilots! Yesterday's news. Michael Moore's documentary.....Has anything changed?

So, tell the media, the DGCA, the FAA what? Something they know and refuse to acknowledge or prefer to ignore? Look at the media frenzy already: blame the expat. Look at "us professional" pilots on this forum: "I can hand fly and aircraft from..... Well you're wrong because automation is there for a reason...... Well if I was there I would have....."

NOTHING WILL CHANGE. And that is the saddest part of this entire accident.

No one will willfully open the can of worms and expose what goes on there. AI will have to be opened and investigated thoroughly. It won't happen. Raw, utter corruption and (criminal) negligence.