PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SIA plane hits equipment while in Taipei airport
Old 23rd Jul 2002, 15:34
Senso

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From the North

Captain Lee Sir!

You missed my point Sir! ~ I am indeed an Indian and also from the North. My point was to MAStake who commented earlier that the pilot involved in the 029 incident was from the North i.e. slamming us guys from the North.

o.k. I stand corrected... Half of the people (tech crew, boys & girls) who WORK for this airline are from the North, we are just numbers in the whole grand scheme of things. The chap who currently Runs the show is also from the North. I am very happy Northerner and thankful to this country for giving me the job and letting me fly with them on their most modern equipment.

My point was aimed at the locals i.e. those who have half of what we do and get ahead of us because they are locals. Which other airline allows first command on a 744? Is this not a safety issue and disaster waiting to happen?

The issue at hand is indeed Safety Orientated and my guess is that the Commander of 029 could have been a LocMgt pilot?

Comon Sir! You should know exactly which bay "ahem" i mean taxiway he turned into, thinking it was the taxiway?

I agree that he should face the responsibility of stopping the aircraft and having a good look at the damage sustained. No problems with a two hour delay, but the fact remains that he fled the scene Sir! ~ The ang mohs and all are laughing at us yet again!

I was merely poking fun at the fact that he actually did that and got caught in the process.

None of us will actually dare such an act as we only WORK for the state carrier and in an essence Singapore Gomen property. We scratch it, we have to answer for it. We delay it for a safety reason and its perfectly o.k..

My skipper once delayed the aircraft by two hours plus because we had "ELEC AC BUS R" and it was perfectly o.k. the airline knows that its cheaper to rectify on the ground rather than have to divert right Sir? Who ever said we have to stick to the schedule to the death? When ever has the schedule overidden a safety issue? Comon Sir, you know where that comes from?

No doubt that I did poke fun and stick my big blue turban into the issue by saying that the fleeing crew lived to fly another day is such a typical act that can be found only in SIN. You should lighten up a bit or you'll become like one of them.

You will agree with me that;
1. 029 should have stopped immediately return to bay to assess damage sustained.

2. Filed the incident with Ops before TPE departure and taking responsibility for damage to equipment on apron (probably some stairs and other junk).

3. Had damage to aircraft o.kayed to fly before leaving.

4. Being a responsible commander and sorting out the mess created (with broom and dust pan if appropriate).

The CRM is indeed flawed, I have experienced Commanders who don't like to be told things by their low life from the North F/O's who have more flying time and one extra TR than they do.

F/O Singh a.k.a. Ba-yee (turbanless)

------------------

777 rulez and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.