PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 24th May 2010, 12:43
BetterByBoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Too hot to strike!

"Tony Woodley and Derek Simpson, the unite joint general secretaries, will not be attending the strike HQ at bedfont today, which has not drawn the attendance levels of the weekend March strikes. The weather and the fact it is Monday account for this, union officials say."

The weather is too nice for strikers to go to Bedfont ..... one of the most bizarre reasons for a lack of support for a strike that I think I've ever heard.

I just hope for the sake of the professional Cabin Crew who are considering their next move that they realise that BASSA have got this horribly wrong. They can't even fill a bus of supporters. Flights are going as planned. Support amongst passengers, work colleagues and even the press is fading rapidly. The union is even starting to turn on itself following the events of Saturday .... it is time to wake up to reality and, no matter how hard it might be, to accept that while you are now worse off than six months ago and have a worse deal on the table, the options are to either lose more money (and possibly at a later stage your job) or accept what is available now. It is extremely sad that so many professional and no doubt loyal BA cabin crew have ended up fighting not for their own jobs \ benefits but for the ego of the BASSA and Unite union leaders. Leaders who will still have comfy jobs at the end of this dispute.

It is now just a matter of how much striking cabin crew want to continue to lose as the strike crumbles.