PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th May 2010, 11:30
Right Engine

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with what you both say, really I do. Here is where I am coming from:

Those of us who have trained for years are being held to ransom by those who have trained for weeks. It's very hard for me not to be angry by this whole situation so if I sound harsh it's because of my frustration.

All this because the company wanted to remove ONE person from some of our flights! Has all this been worth it?
MJC507 - There's the nub. The VCC knew they weren't close to being good crew after a few days training. That takes months, if not years to be the polished article. We were volunteering because we felt the company needed saving from the lunatics that were saying yes to your last sentence. BASSA have always been the problem and they have been telling you it was because everyone else was 'anti-crew'. It was never that and shame on anyone who bought in to that message. Solidarity should not be based on false perceptions of prejudice touted by people such as DH. He has exploited the 'person-centred' qualities of cabin crew and used them to spearhead a pointless battle.

Most crew can't, with that legacy, be accused of anything more than gross naiivity, but sadly the cost of that quality could well be unemployment.

Last edited by Right Engine; 24th May 2010 at 14:04.