PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th May 2010, 11:13
report call sign

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I cant believe you STILL don’t get it the strike is all about IMPOSITION because if [I like] willie [but not] walsh can change our terms and conditions without the union agreeing things this time then he can DO WHATEVER HE LIKES next time like having us work on flights then do check-in or baggage handling or whatever and it’ll be you next especially the PILOTS who earn too much and don’t do anything because the aircraft FLIES ITSELF and they just sit there and plan what to tell willie walsh to do next especially that bloke on the airbus the one who controls all the VCC they are strike breakers who only do it because they wanted to be cabin crew and FAILED their interview so now they take it out on the decent honest crew by ordering LOBSTER downroute and making the crew pay while they talk about their room upgrades which the CSD should get ahead of the FO just like the bookable tickets only we don’t get them any more because we stood up to the BULLIES and protected the airline by going on strike anyway staff travel is crap and no-one uses it but if WW gave it back there would be no strike.
I wish your explanations were as simple as that!
Firstly aircraft fly themselves......how fantastic....why do we need pilots at all then, damn...spend £66,000 on training for the bl@@dy thing to fly its self, should have learnt on a flymo!

If it was as simple as "giving back staff travel" then everything will be alright,,,,,what a wonderful dream world that would be. I can see it all now, WW gives back the staff travel,2 minutes later it’s another thing and another thing and another thing....get real please. JUST AS YOU HAVE CLEARLY POINTED OUT IT IS NOT ABOUT STAFF TRAVEL

now a little lesson on what is imposition, unfortunately managers need to manage, unions need to contribute towards solving problems, not be the cause of them. If something is contractual then it needs agreeing, if it is not and the business needs to change and reshape then it has the full right to do so. Crew member off the A/C (get over it) was NOT contractual, the courts proved that...NEXT??

ah now let’s back track 6 months, it was JUST about imposition, put the crew member back on the plane and there won’t be a strike.........change the bleddin record for Christ sake UNITE before you drown in your own pity and sorrow, you aren’t getting a crew member back and you aren’t getting staff travel back......but one thing you will get is your P45s or an offer on new fleet if you push this too far
the choice is now quite clearly yours!!!