PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 24th May 2010, 01:38
CurlyWurly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Litebulbs

not at all...think you have been one of the more reasonable voices on here...

Background..

Joined BA in 1977 and am coming to end of my career - have loved my time as crew - and now my future (pension/job/concessions/plans) are in jeopardy because a few hotheads are determined to chase BA into bankruptcy. I've been in the crew room when new (>3 years) have said they don't care of BA goes bust..
We were once the national carrier and had national pride - remember how you felt when you watched ads like this one..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAcBsSzjiUo
now we are regarded as a national joke and all the years of amzing service and safety records seem to have been forgotten in a ridiculous fight over ..what? The originals principals seem forgotten and it's become some macho tussle that no one can win without losing face now. I blame WW and Unite (although not equally) - we have lost all public faith and I'm not sure the travelling public will ever choose to fly the flag unless there is no option - they'll always choose another more relaible alternative - even if scedules are restored, what will the crews be like? - surly, angry, will the VCC/Strikers ever be able to work together or will we be another Ansett?

How can intelligent, professional people do this? We have to move with the times and it was obvious to everyone that the gravy train was coming to a stop..

It's a worldwide crisis - adjustments have to be made..before it's too late.

So I'll be going to work on Wednesday and wait and see what happens next..