PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:48
CurlyWurly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The base closure rules aren't open ended and as all out stations have been closed over 12 months that is likely to have ended anyway..and it's not up to any company to ensure you have the means to get to work..this is just another example of life in the real world!!!... if you take a job far from home - it's up to you to get there! When I first joined BA we didn't get concessions for the first 6 montsh so I had to pay for the shuttle - end of - I chose a London job but lived in the north.

People who have lost jobs recently now face a longer commute or relocation..bleating over loss of ST isn't going to endear the striking crews to the general public (who are future passengers) - life is about choices..if you choose to strike, you will lose you ST, if you choose to live away from base then you have to work out how to get to work..and if you choose not to travel BA in the future...well, (apparently)we never forget you have a choice!

These arguments simply don't fly in the current markets - BA are losing millions daily and we all face the very real threat of bankruptcy, loss of houses and so on..it's a real threat - BA might not survive..and for what? So the CSD can spend the flight playing with the IFE instead of cabin service, so that overseas crews can still use ST for their commute, so that UNITE can add another wing to their headquarters?

Bloody hell - the lunatics are finally running the asylum!