PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:27
CurlyWurly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Litebulbs..
When I was at BA, the loss of staff travel was usually for a breach of the staff travel rules, or a punishment for a disciplinary offence. If staff travel was embargoed, then it was for every employee.

Also among the rules was any action that brought the airline into disrepute..
So the chanting masses outside the Aurora, the crew with the placards declaring I like **** but I don't like Willy, the stewardess parading in her walsh knickers? Damage to company reputation..it's all sides of the same coin..aren't we supposed to be mature, professionals that passengers can trust with their lives??

And speaking of ST..what about the hundreds of loyal employees past and present..and BA pensioners? Everyone's future is in jeopardy because of a few hard headed dinosaurs who won't adapt to the current market forces.

WW made it clear that strikers would have their ST revoked (the new ST09 is clear that it is a priveldge that can be taken away..before you book any ST you have to tick that box to state you understand the T&C's)..he is now willing to give the perk back (and make no mistake it is the ultimate perk worth 1000's every year and the one most envied by everyone outside aviation) - but not the seniority for ST (only)..it's a deal. If St is so important to the strikers - its simple - don't go on strike or tell your union you want to accept what is on the table now.