PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd May 2010, 23:02
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Staff Travel

When I was at BA, the loss of staff travel was usually for a breach of the staff travel rules, or a punishment for a disciplinary offence. If staff travel was embargoed, then it was for every employee.

Agreed everyone?

Why has staff travel been removed from employees who took part in industrial action?

Punishment?

Is there any law of the land that makes procedurally correct industrial action, within the accepted timescales, a matter of discipline?

Surely, there should have been some internal process followed to remove a benefit from a particular group of employees, but left it in place from another group from the same department?

Question - an individual who wished to strike, but was on rostered days off, should be asked whether they were in support. 5000+ employees voted for the action, but how many have had staff travel removed. Surely, it should be 5000+. If not, there must be a case discrimination.

Oh, and before you think that this is a pointless question, I was on leave when my department went out. I came off of leave, said I supported the action, got my leave back and took the hit in cash.

Discuss.