PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd May 2010, 22:24
CurlyWurly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lets keep this forum to facts..all cabin crew (striking/non-striking/VCC) would do their best in any incident - safety isn't an issue..experience doesn't always mean a text book evacuation, brand new crews have performed amazing jobs in the face of danger..regardless of this dispute and the loss of good opinion in the press/public BA cabin crew have an excellent safety record and are amongest the most decorated for bravery worldwide.

Lets get back to the issue in hand and the diservice meted out to those same crews by the unions..I really beleive that UNITE's aim is not to safeguard jobs and pay/conditions for crew but to assert their authority over BA and in particular Willie Walsh - I'm sure the public backlash has surprised them and their behaviour and rhetoric is definately not representative of any cabin crew I'm acquainted with.

The bare facts are the recession means we all have to make sacrifices to safeguard the future of the company we work for. If you are not prepared to do so then we simply won;t survive in this present climate..end of