PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gulf Air Developments
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 21:16
behramjee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No sir...an A 333 cannot operate nonstop to USA from BAH. It is an aircraft capable of flying 9 hour nonstop flights maximum with a full payload.

However there is a new A 332 called the A 332HGW produced by Airbus of which Korean Air is the launch order with an order of 6 aircraft which can easily operate BAH-NYC nonstop with 240 pax on board. KE ordered this aircraft to fly lower density long haul trans-pacific USA routes to Seattle, Las Vegas + medium density nonstop flights to Central Europe such as Prague and Vienna.

I don't know which USA route of QR in particular you were trying to get a seat on as more often than not seats are easily available on their Houston and JFK nonstop flights. In fact fyi, JFK has been a huge failure for QR until April 2010 so much so that they reduced it from January 2010 from a daily B 77W to a daily B 77L as loads were pathetic. The most successful route for QR in USA is obviously IAD due to high volume J class traffic + major feed provided by UA.

However, its back to a daily B 77W now as DAC, CMB and KTM connect both ways conveniently via DOH to JFK which they were not previously hence!

I have flown 4 times IAD-DOH-IAD in QR J class in 08 and 09 and simply loved it. I had one of the better fillet mignon steaks on board an airplane flying QR It is an amazing airline to fly (far superior to Emirates in every possible manner except DOH airport duty free)