PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Restricted FI - what can and can't I do?
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 19:07
Babel Fish

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Restricted FI - what can and can't I do?

I'm sure this has been done before, but I can't find the answer on here. JAR–FCL 1.325 says:

(b) Restrictions. The privileges are restricted to carrying out under the supervision of a FI(A) approved for this purpose:

(1) flight instruction for the issue of the PPL(A) - or those parts of integrated courses at PPL(A) level - and class and type ratings for single-engine aeroplanes, excluding approval of first solo flights by day or by night and first solo navigation flights by day or by night; and

(2) night flying, provided a night qualification is held, the ability to instruct at night has been demonstrated to an FI(A) authorised to conduct FI(A) training in accordance with JAR-FCL 1.330(f) and the night currency requirement of JAR-FCL 1.026 is satisfied.
(1) above seems to be saying that a restricted FI can (under the supervison of a FI) only instruct for the issue of a PPL, and not conduct training with an already qualified PPL, for example the dual hour required for a SEP revalidation by experience, or a club checkout flight.

Am I reading the regulations correctly?

Or is the above passage saying that a restricted FI has all the privileges an (unrestricted) FI has, with the exception of initial PPL training and night flying, where they must be supervised by an (unrestricted) FI?