PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 747 2 engine start
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 17:13
B-HKD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rubbish. Those aircraft were built for BA but went to QF instead. When they went into service with QF, they (QF) produced a differences training package for the engineers. Even the BA engineers at European stations had to do it.

VH-OJS/T/U (Delivery 99'-00') All 3 B747-438 38 is boeing's QF customer code. 36 is BA. If they were ordered and built for BA then they would have been 36's. Example: United took 2-3 new Northwest built 744s and these kept the 51 customer code even though they never flew for NW.

Like TopBunk said,

None of the BA B747-400's have taxi lights
Now if you insist they were built for BA charliecossie, but somehow got the QF customer code

Then i can tell you this:

Taxi Lights became a standard in late 97' on the 744.

So please do tell me why would G-BYGG BA's last 744, (delivery 24.04.99) not have taxi lights, when a few months later VH-OJS (delivery 30.09.99) did have taxi lights, if it was indeed built for BA like you say....

The only reason you will see certain 744s built after 97' without taxi lights is because the customer paid extra to not have them. (pay a little more to not have them, save money with less bulbs to change in the long run)

Any difference the last three QF 744s have to the older 744s are purely improvements and new standard equipment added to the 744 line over the years.

QF ordered all 3 VH-OJS/T/U on: 23-Oct-1997 So none of these last 3 QF RR 744s were ever ordered or built for BA.

I have a feeling you are talking about VH-OEB/C/D also known as the ugly sisters. 1 is ex. Asiana. 2 are ex. Malaysian. (these two have recently been retired) they did indeed have some differences as they were all three CF6 and not built to QF specs. when QF had a all RR 744s. (before their ERs)

Next time check you facts before calling it rubbish

Last edited by B-HKD; 23rd May 2010 at 17:30.