PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 14:54
raguoC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Battle of Britain Memorial Flight

Periodically I check the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight website. Today I discovered that they have a link to some very interesting footage that has recently been placed on You Tube: one in particular shows a video of the interior of a Chipmunk. Further links show some amazing footage of the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight that was taken this month. There are also several interesting videos of a Lancaster in the Derwent Valley during a flypast/reconstruction of the training that took place prior to the bombing of the Ruhr Valley dams (RAF Squadron 617). I have just realised that the actual raid took place in the middle of May 1943. Please bear in mind that some of the footage is very good, others quite amateurish. However it is there for all to share for which I am grateful. I hope you enjoy having a look at what is freely available to view. As I have stated previously, I am grateful that the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight keeps warm the memory of those who fought so that we could know the true meaning of democracy and freedom that many people throughout the world still strive to experience.