PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 10:35
Jipperty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T5 report

Saw various reports about T5 being like a ghost town last week, having travelled out of it on the morning of the 21st I can confirm it was anything but.

Sadly however the full effect of this IA was evident on the morning LHR - DEL which carried no more than 50 Pax. On the day that BA announced a £530m loss this seems a very hollow victory for the strikers.

The CC were very pleasant but statistically probably included a number of those responsible. There was a sense of smugness eminating from some at the sight of the near empty a/c and the easy money for the duty.

From my own perspective if ever I boarded a BA a/c in future and encountered any of the sun tanned muppets appearing behind Woodley on the steps outside the high court I would refuse to have them serve me. If this meant going without for the duration then so be it. In fact for me it is the prospect of encountering such a species in future which is more likely to lead to booking with alternates than any other factor.

WW needs to bring this to a head and clear the rubbish out right now, only then can we start to restore the badly damaged image of the airline and for that matter UK Inc both home and abroad.

I am reminded that the Dinosaurs did gather in groups before becoming extinct.