PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 23rd May 2010, 08:06
Litebulbs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
demomonkey

Honesty here. Do I think you should break the strike in general, no. Do I know your circumstance, no. If I knew your position and there was a threat to you being able to make the payments etc, then what sort of person would I be to say anything other than work. Principles do not pay bills. But you to have to realise that you will have to make future bills, that are based on your current position. You are taking a leap of faith that you as a current employee, will not be disadvantaged.

Why do I think that you should in general, not break the strike? Because 5000+ of your colleagues are prepared to challenge the change. But will it be 5000 in reality?

Do you not think that Mr Simpson and Woodley know that they are on a hiding to nothing here? 10000 members is a fist, 5000 needs to be listened to, but you then have to realise that there are 7000 other employees.

Mr Walsh probably will not be at BA when he retires, but a lot of the current crew will be. You reap what you sow and I imagine there will be an awful lot of I told you so's in coming years, from on side or another.

Last edited by Litebulbs; 23rd May 2010 at 08:38. Reason: in response to a following post