PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 06:13
Aceninja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Condolences

It was not the kind of news that I wanted to wake up to this morning. My heart goes out to all involved, both pilots, pax and family members. I also had a fear after having learnt of the so called "expat pilot" that this whole incident would be hijacked, for lack of a better word, by certain parties who are pushing their own agenda. I don't think anyone can reasonably argue that kicking the expats out would prevent future accidents from happening. As far as accents go, everybody's got one, if you work in the aviation industry its a fact of life we do not live in bubbles anymore. There are so many different languages (18 official with about 600 dialects) in India itself that there are a plethora of accents floating about. We can't ban everyone now can we? Before we start blaming our fellow aviators and talk about kicking off "expats" maybe we should be looking at the crew rest procedures and turn around times, equipment and maintenance etc. Anything other than that would be tantamount to looking at blood types and horoscopes to determine ones aptitude to fly. And yes if it does matter, I am Indian as well.