PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Funny Things Happen in The Air Force
View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2010, 05:26
rusty_monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On my first Battle of Britian dinning in night I was lucky enough to be training at Halton and with it the joys of living in HHOM. One of my fellow Fg Off was duly nominated as Mr Vice and Fg Off "C", breifed on his duties by the PMC and informed that the after dinner speaker was going to be one of the last surviving pathfinder crewmen from the war.
Fg Off "C" duly impressed informs PMC that top table bit at the end of the night will be based around his grandfather who was also on bombers in the war.
The night goes well superb fly past at the rear of HHOM by the BBMF spit and myself and my course mates are anticipating our fellow Fg Off entertainment after the grown ups leave.

"Mr Vice the Top Table is yours"
"Sirs, ma am ladies and gentlemen tonight we have been priveliged to have had a WW2 veteran entertain us with his experience and advice; If it wasn't for people like him I would not be here today for my own grandfather was a bomber pilot himself, and if gentlemen like our distinguised guest hadn't shot him down over Biggin Hill then he would never have settled in the UK after his interment and I would like to add my thanks to that of the PMC...."
Silence ensued and the distinguised guest is heard to murmur something about standards of junior officers these days.
Fg Off "C" had a very interesting chat the next day (without coffee) and was reminded that it is traditonal for Mr Vice to wait until after the Stn Cdr and guest have left before dropping a b*()£$k.