PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Golden Flight Level 2011 flies to the States!
Old 22nd May 2010, 19:46
pdcta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never even knew this existed....
Bad bad bad... really bad!
Cannot understand how in last 36 years news about the event never came to the other side of the Channel!

It would be great to get a team together from NATS. I know there are a lot of winter sports fans certainly at Swanwick and I would reckon there would be equal amounts at ScOACC.
If you have a look on the 2010's website under the "Team" section... you will see that UK/Ireland is completely missing (in the last edition were missing also Team Slovenia, Portugal, Brest, Bordeaux, Estonia, Serbia and others that use to come)!!

Can you spread the news in Swanwick and ScOACC?! Maybe someone is interested to make the team also this year! And... GFL people is not competitive: GFL is a social event not a professional ski championship. That's why all kind of skiers/snowboarders are welcome even if only beginners/amateurs! Main target is to spend a week all together!
Then for the GFL-addicted also pre-preGFL and preGFL parties are usually organized during the year around Europe!

Unfortunately I personally cant make the 2011 date but I look forward to 2012.
Spamcan
well... keep an eye on http://www.gfl2012.com/