PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2010, 17:52
Tom355uk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, the IB A320 incident - that doesn't seem as though it was any sort of software/hardware failure. The aircraft was caught in an unusual and difficult situation just before landing, which would probably have resulted in a hard landing in ANY aircraft. However, if the CAPT priority button had been pushed, as per the FCOM, it seems as though it might not have happened quite so firmly. Still, nobody was hurt.

After forty years in professional airline flying, I rather think that this poor fellow has no idea about airline flying...nor much of anything else in aviation.
Sounds like a 9-5 desk jockey to me.
I should hope you are not directing those snotty comments at me.

I'm not pretending to know anything about airline flying. All I stated was the fact that aircraft do not crash themselves. You cannot, regardless of your experience (which I do respect, even if you do not respect me) tell me otherwise. I was even more disappointed that the original comment regarding soft/hardware failure came from someone who, if their profile is true, should know far better than to post such sensationalist drivel.

So what if I work 9-5 behind a desk? (It is 9-6, actually ) Just because I'm not fortunate enough to have had the chance to make a career as a pilot (yet), it doesn't mean I don't have a valid contribution to make to this thread - a contribution since vindicated by both Neptunus Rex and GarageYears.

As an aside, I always make a bloody thorough effort to make sure that I research my comments fully before posting, contrary to a majority of posters on this (and other) forum. I also happen to have a deep and lifelong passion for aviation - if you have decided that I know nothing, I hope that makes you feel better.