PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Express B738 crash
View Single Post
Old 22nd May 2010, 16:44
iflytb20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The sad part of all this is that even before the smoke settled, the blame game has begun. Some people are blaming the airport, some the pilot and a few the pilot's nationality.

And this hurts us even more as we lost 6 of our colleagues in this tragedy. I had the pleasure of flying with the Capt in the past and i can tell you he was a very professional pilot and a through gentleman . I enjoyed my flights with him and learned a lot from him.

The fact is that the plane crashed on landing - but let's not blame a person who cannot defend his actions. He may or may not have taken a decision which led to this crash. But till we know for sure, lets just pray for his soul.

The media here are going mad - blaming everything under the sun. And this debate about the expats being the cause - utter bulls##t. Hopefully they will recover the recorders by tomorrow and the truth will come out. Since ours is a relatively small company, this has hit everyone hard.

@ Farrell
As per our company policy, IXE is a F40 landing airport. At MLW, the F40 Vref is typically 139 KIAS. The leased birds [non-SFP] have a F40 Vref of 141 KIAS at MLW [MLW for all IX acft is 66360 Kg]