PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:43

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiramisu, I think it is admirable that you posted your exact earnings on here. Yes, BA has traditionally paid significantly better than other UK carriers, but I do believe that many (but sadly not all!) cabin crew are very committed and deserve their salaries.

What I find really sad, if not disturbing, is the cult-ish behaviour that many cabin crew. Those who boast that they delete all emails from Willie, Bill, their managers, etc. are just plain foolish. By all means, people have the right to go on strike. But to not even to pay attention to what their employer (I'm pretty sure payslips say British Airways in the top corner, not BASSA, unlike I'm mistaken?) is saying to them before rejecting it is complete madness.

It is also shocking how scared many people have been about coming to work during a strike, even those who voted 'no' and are not members of BASSA/Amicus. Surely something is fundamentally wrong when people fear their colleagues in this way.

I really fear that things will go downhill soon - and a number of people have very unfortunately brought this upon themselves. Hopefully not everybody will suffer...