PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd May 2010, 14:40
Boondocker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiramisu,
This is so typical of the BASSA mentality, anyone that posts anything other than the BASSA rhetoric is not cabin crew, is a Manager, a Pilot or someone from Waterside! Have a little more intelligence than Derek Simpson credits you with being 'articulate and intelligent on national TV and please read my posts. I have flown with several posters here and don't need to justify anything to you.
It's equally typical that because I find your reasons to explicitly post your salary for all and sundry to see disingenuous that I am therefore a BASSAmentalist.

It is possible to be a member of BASSA without being part of the lunatic fringe to which you refer. There are some of us that have not taken either of the 'extreme' positions, neither BASSA hardline nor 'I'm Backing BA' zealotry.

I have significant misgivings over the behaviour of both parties in this power struggle and have similar criticisms of BASSAs decision making.

An enormous personal disappointment is that whilst recognising BASSA's deficiencies I have stood by and not tried in any way to influence some change from within. I would also suggest that any BASSA member past and present that feels the same way is also guilty if inaction.

In fact, by accepting the status quo for all these years almost all the remaining membership, some 10000, apart from the true die-hards who wouldn't have it any other way, need to accept responsibility for where we find ourselves today.