PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd May 2010, 13:34
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tiramisu, for somebody to declare on a public forum that they earn too much money is breathtaking! Indeed, for anybody to declare, to the exact penny, what they earn is bad enough.

Why don't you take out a full page advertisement in one of the national papers? " Dear Mr Walsh, you pay me too much money. Please feel free to take as much of it as you like."

I suspect that neither you nor the other posters that have declared their earnings so publicly are employed as cabin crew.
Boondocker,
It is my business if I choose to declare my earnings, exact or not, on a public forum, not yours or anybody else's!!!
To try and tell the pilot's they are incorrect in their assessment of our salaries is telling fibs at best. I simply wanted to set the record straight.

As for Willie Walsh, I did admit to him when he was in CRC that I was well paid, and his reply was 'I know you've build your lifestyle around you salary, that's why I'm proposing a pay freeze and not a pay cut.' I believe him, that's my business too.
I suspect that neither you nor the other posters that have declared their earnings so publicly are employed as cabin crew
Boondocker,
This is so typical of the BASSA mentality, anyone that posts anything other than the BASSA rhetoric is not cabin crew, is a Manager, a Pilot or someone from Waterside! Have a little more intelligence than Derek Simpson credits you with being 'articulate and intelligent on national TV and please read my posts. I have flown with several posters here and don't need to justify anything to you.

Posted by Juan Odeboyse
Tira. YOU might think it morally wrong...but literally thousands of your colleagues also think what Walsh is doing IS morally wrong in a big way. As CC you must realise that most of us are on the brink of agreement but not in the way BA are carrying on...and not without some form of guarantee for these new agreements.
Are you ready now to join NF?...maybe as a Supervisor, maybe you will not be accepted and be part of 'the crew'. Enjoy your 24 hrs in SIN, BKK, LAX, etc.
Juan O,
With respect, we both have our views and you can't change mine.
Why didn't BASSA negotiate New Fleet when it was on the table? Why didn't they talk about the redeploment aggrement when they had the opportunity?
Why wouldn't they sit in the same room with Amicus reps? Why didn't they watch the slides and pay lip service and at least grin and bear it even if they found it boring? Why didn't they look at PWC's figures? Why didn't they listen to Willie Walsh when he said if you go on strike you will lose Staff Travel?
I don't want to go to new Fleet as I have previously said, but if that's all that's left I will have no choice. However striking is still not an option for me and I maintain that it is morally wrong.
Whose fault is is that we are now in the dreadful state we are in please, Juan O?

For god's sake I'm BA cabin crew with my own informed views!