PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd May 2010, 12:10
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the subject of pay, as a CSD of nearly 13 years (26yrs in BA as CC) my basic pay excluding allowances and variables is £40,174, I have a few increments before I reach the final increment of £43,283. I have been netting a pay of approximately £3,100 to £3,400 in the last 12 months.

I truly feel BA have been generous with our salaries all these years and we have to move with time. If I am honest, I can't justify what I earn anymore with the reduced product and the state our business is in. WW is not proposing a pay cut, we can keep our T's and C's, it really is not a lot to ask for.
(No, Juan O, I am not on the sherry or anything else btw)

It's good to know that we will be flying even more aircraft types during the forthcoming strike than the previous ones. I have just been given a 767 trip to a certain destination on Monday. I have once again moved my booked leave and cancelled my holiday, as I did previously to help support our operation. I am totally flexible with days off, lieu days to be sent to whatever destination whenever I am needed, to serve our customers. This strike for me, is morally wrong.

I am BA cabin crew and the above are my personal views.