PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 22nd May 2010, 07:22
demomonkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I listened to WW and DH on Radio 4's Today programme this morning. As I am FIRMLY against strike action I suppose I am naturally biased towards WW. However; DH did come across as calm and articulate. I was shocked at this because so far I have felt that as Branch Secretary the man has not made a rationale decision in the best interests of his members. He didn't however state any points which could be possible routes to resolution. His biggest gripe seemed to be that WW had never met him and only dealt with TW / DS directly. That's it? The interviewer did bring up the fact that he had been dismissed. DH claimed that this was a strike breaking tactic. Luckily the interviewer didn't push for the real reasons....

So is the only reason were starring into the abyss because WW won't call DH? Someones nose is out of joint???

To be balanced, WW comments were sound bites from a longer statement I think he had made yesterday so he did not face any direct questions.

PS: why is everyone hung up about Net earnings. Just talk about Gross otherwise it's not like for like comparison.