PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air North Brasilia Crash in Darwin (Merged)
Old 21st May 2010, 23:59
greybeard

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Cool

In my earlier post in this I eluded to the egos, competency and suitability of the Check and Training people.
More has now surfaced in this area, and the old chestnut of Military vs Civil as well.

It is so VITALLY IMPORTANT that the people charged with the resposibility of our standards are suitable, well trained, audited regularly and can leave their egos at home.
The use of any training sequence as a "load to they break" should be eradicated from the system, probably an impossible task without an extensive search and find audit of many companies, as we all resist admitting our errors/mistakes and choices, particularly Management.
As a canditate, if you feel the process is unrealistic, stop the check or training, put the Sim on the blocks, land the A/C and go home.

YES I have done this in a major Asian Airline, when my support F/O was being destroyed, tough afternoon for a while with the DFO Training, who supported me in the result.

This particular "trainer" when asked a question stated, "questions from you indicate a lack of knowlege" which should be a classic for the record.

Non of my comments should be taken to reflect on the unfortunate people at the Air North accident, we all await the full report and whatever changes may flow from that.

Stay safe