PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 21st May 2010, 19:15
Tiramisu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
T are you CC? Do you realise what NF brings with it? Are you on the sherry?
Juan O,
You know very well I am cabin crew and it's Tiramisu btw.
Sherry's not my tipple but it may be what I end up on if I have to work with some of our difficult colleagues much longer.
Of course, I realise what NF brings. The reason I said bring on New Fleet and I'd give up my old contract is that it is the very reason besides ST and disciplinaries that BASSA members are going to take strike action about. It would see the end of a minority of difficult militant colleagues and with NF, you would see a change of attitudes and new blood.
Do I really want to go on New Fleet, of course not, however if it was the only option I had, I would rather accept it than find employment elsewhere.

Who does and how do they "make your life a misery" - please explain
In the last week, I have flown with crew who have been intimidated and harassed by their BASSA colleagues to take strike action. At the bus stop outside T5 last week while waiting for the car park bus, a CSD went round demanding crew that they turn up at Bedfont FC. Today in CRC, there was a crew member sobbing uncontrollably in the ladies toilets because she too, had been intimidated. One of my crew did a nightstop last week where she was isolated when all the cabin crew went out to dinner together, yet not a single person spoke to her. She was so upset that she had to get her bill and leave. This happened downroute, away from home where you depend on the camaraderie of colleagues. Have you ever experienced what that's like and what it's like to be isolated? These are just a few examples of what I mean by 'working life being a misery.'