PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Updated EASA proposals on non-EU IRs
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010, 17:33
421C

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, you reckon one would initially get the validation, and then have a year to pass the four JAA exams (or otherwise "demonstrate" one's superior knowledge ) and pass the checkride?

If so, that is a lot less hassle than doing the JAA IR right now, out of fear of what might happen.... which quite a lot of people have done over the past year or two
I am afraid I think you've misinterpreted the quote from Billibob. You do not have a year to pass the 4 JAA exams and a checkride - the 4 exams are to get the validation in the first place! Your validation is then valid for 1 year. It can be extended for a year if you are training "for the issuance of a licence in accordance with Part-FCL". That means the full EASA IR - not a conversion! Currently in Part FCL that means the 55hrs and all the writtens. Of course, FCL008 may succeed in reducing that.

If so, that is a lot less hassle than doing the JAA IR right now, out of fear of what might happen.... which quite a lot of people have done over the past year or two
It is a lot more hassle than converting an FAA IR to JAA IR now. It's down to risk - how you rate the chances of FCL008 succeeding or EASA backing down on the whole subject? Personally, I'd do the conversion now.

brdgs
421C