PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 21st May 2010, 14:50
Appleed

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry This is the future!

I've been 'watching' this discussion for a number of weeks now, and I have just recently given up on a lot of our Cabin Crew employees. I used to believe that they were just confused and being misled by the BASSA reps, however, I now don't feel that way.

'Normal' people can only be misled for so long, then you start to 'see the light', however, this hasn't happened, therefore, there must be something else going on here. Maybe the CC who have been following the BASSA reps, really do believe that they are the airline and that only they can do the right thing.

Anyway, given that initial thought, IMO Willie is doing a FANTASTIC job, and the sooner he gets control of our airline and removes the blockers the better for the loyal and hard working staff of BA.

This situation has developed over the last 20 years, and past CEO have tried to resolve it, and whenever the going got tough, they backed away. This time, they have taken on someone who isn't going to back away, this is the new breed of CEO. Fortunately for the CC, Michael O'Leary isn't the CEO, because they would have been out the door a long time ago!!

Willie has given them lots of chances, and going against the views on most of the BA staff, offered them their staff travel back - not a very popular move at all!!

90 days is coming, SOSR options will soon be added to Willies tool box, and I'm sure he'll pick the right time to use them.

I guess a question he'll be asking himself will be 'Shall I leave them high and dry, unrostered and recruit alternative staff, or shall I just give them their P45s!!' When that day come, I'm sure there will be lots of BA staff congratulating him, asking why he's taken so long.

I'm sad that I think this way, having spent 10 years as a Shop Steward, over 40 years in BEA / BA, however, now is the time, let's move on, let's replace these trouble makers.