PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation Biggin Crash any news on why yet ?
Old 21st May 2010, 14:42
what next

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi!

Does that make sense to CJ pilots here?
I'm on standby today and had time to read the whole report, and yes it does. What I don't like in the report is the "engine restart drills" they talk about. If by "drills" they mean items to be performed from memory, then they are wrong: There are no memory items in the Citation checklist for engine restarts (unless the 500 is totally different from the 550 and 560 that I fly, but it's the same type rating, so I can't imagine). You are supposed to work through the checklist.

The same with engine shutdown due to vibration. No memory items / "drills". Follow the checklist. In case of engine fire there are memory items, but you aren't supposed to shut the engine down right away. You go to idle first and see what happens (could be the wrong engine or a bleed air leak). Very strange that they shut them down so quickly (at least the one with the working shutoff lever). In the report it says that no checklists were found in the wreckage. So they either did everything from memory (maybe confusing things with aircraft types they were more familiar with since the pilot in the left hand seat had only recently converted to the type?) or that the checklists burnt up.

Regards, Max