PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010, 13:23
bandit2106

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gazza
These members of BASSA and Unite are literally screwing with my life and to see them taking delight in it on the news is difficult to take. The one overriding thought I have is "I'll never risk flying with BA again" and that's a sad state of affairs for all the BA staff who simply want to go to work.
I flew BA in December, they were having a strike, but a judge intervened and I got home. I flew BA in March (yes I'm a sucker), my outward flight got cancelled and it took me 1 hr 20 mins on the phone to rebook. Flights were operated efficiently by Jet2 and Air Finland. I was unsure how I would be getting back to the UK, but the return was confirmed a few days before my travel. Only a few stress filled days then.

Just like Gazza's experience, for this strike,I had a return flight booked, where only the outward leg was confirmed as running. I was not prepared to be stranded abroad if BA cannot make a decision about a flight I paid for months ago against a published timetable. So, I won't travel, and because BA would not move my flights to the dates I wanted /won't give me a refund, I will be walking away from BA permanently.

I have lost money on non refundable car parking, and the flights. There is also the emotional cost, which like thousands of other victims who have paid good money and received sod all cannot generally be priced up.