PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 21st May 2010, 10:03
mdj01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The references back to the 70s union style are spot on. Do you EVER hear chants like 'Walsh out Now' and that disgusting chant from the open topped bus (that was supposed to garner support from the City) from staff at any other FTSE 100 company? Is this really the behaviour we expect from professionals?

This is all so unbelievably crazy and I hope that the MAJORITY of cabin crew, who I hope and believe are decent, sane individuals, will actually DO SOMETHING to stop this car crash of a strike.

I honestly cannot believe my eyes when I read some of the mindless comments and rhetoric. These are our livelihoods these people are playing with, it is all a game to them. As previously stated, Woodley, Simpson et al will all go back to their caves and enjoy their fine wines and beers, whilst some of us may end up with mortgages to pay and nothing to pay it with!

Disciplinaries: IT IS NOT EASY to dismiss people these days. Those who have been dismissed MUST have had a case proven against them (and if they did not they can sue for unfair dismissal, using their union....). It would be totally inappropriate for this to become part of the current negotiations and surely the vast majority of CC can see this?