PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010, 08:17
Mariner9

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know why the media let Simpson and co have such an easy ride.

Clearly, if the differences between the sides are now deemed "trivial" by the Union, they are being just as obstinate as BA in prolonging this dispute, which unless ended in the next few days, could very result in the loss of jobs for ~20,000 Unite members.

Meanwhile, I watched WW get a grilling on breakfast time. In my view, he did not come across well. He should have absolutely rubbished the suggestion that ST was now the issue and made it clear that the suspensions were over serious allegations and reinstatement of these poisonous individuals would cause outrage amongst the majority of hard working staff at BA. The damage to the brand of all this adverse publicity is incalculable.

He really needs to get an urgent grip of the situation and announce immediately that in the light of on-going unsustainable losses, anyone striking on Monday will be made redundant. Even if these redundancies are subsequently deemed unfair and compensation has to be paid it would work out cheaper in the long run, and at least the more poisonous CC's would have been removed.

Get a grip Willie.