PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 21st May 2010, 03:45
RetiredBA/BY

Received 45 Likes on 17 Posts
I have just seen these complete muppets with their open topped bus making absolute fools of themselves in London and, thanks to the BBC World service on the world media.

Who in god's name would want to be on an aircraft with people such as these in charge of their cabin safety and service. Can't they see, or don't they care, about the enormous damage they are doing to the reputation and image of BA as well as the financial damage when the company is already making huge losses.

The BBC reports that this strike will cost BA GBP 160m all down to the actions of 3,000 militants, thats over GBP 50,000 each, more than they are worth and vastly more than retraining a replacement, who could be hired at market rate producing an immediate saving, will cost.

This is now a battle, a war even, to save BA. Moderation in war is imbecility, so lets earnestly hope that WW sacks each and every one of the strikers and he and the rest of the dedicated staff at BA can get down to rebuilding the companies finances and reputation. If I were still flying I sure as hell wouldn't want any of these strikers in my crew after they have shown so little commitment to the company who have hitherto looked after and rewarded them so well.

Cant sack them ? Thats what the controllers in the USA thought back in the '80s. Reagan didn't see it that way, they went, he wasn't as PATCO thought, bluffing. ! It takes a LOT less time and money to train a steward or stewardess and there are lot of CC still working in BA who could well fill the senior positions and enjoy the benefits of promotion. So lets get on with it, NOW.

Last edited by RetiredBA/BY; 21st May 2010 at 04:08.