PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 7
Thread: MANCHESTER - 7
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 21:10
Adola69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AVP re-naming !?

I'm led to believe that the Famous AVP is to undergo re-naming to the Runway Viewing Park (RVP), in order to "Stimulate" more business!! (Probably will by confusing the Fire brigades who are instructed to use Emergency Rendevous Points, - eRVP's!)

Well that's really going to drag thousands through the gates isn't it (If this is indeed true) !!??

When will somebody with a bit of vision grasp hold of the opportunity and turn this into the Northwest Aviation Heritage Park and place more exhibits within it to really make it worthwhile visiting. I'd imagine that everyone whose interested in "Planes" in NW England has seen Concorde by now - boring. Along with the newly aquired Nimrod, how about displaying a Tornado, Jaguar, HS.125, etc that have all got North-West connections in that they were designed and built here.(Plenty of Tornados being chopped at Leeming at present).
I recently visited a Museum at Hermeskiel in Germany. Situated right in the middle of nowhere at all, no airfield within miles of it, on the side of hill and filled to the gunnels with all-sorts of interesting exhibits, including a Dan-Air Comet ! The punters were there in abundance to.
Come on MA, either make it worthwhile or stop trying to re-invent by just a name change. The place has become a tired, and when wet, a muddy and expensive field that just makes my car look as if it's been round two laps of a local quarry!.