PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tom 2708P-May 17th-MAN
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 17:26
rossbox

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree there is nothing sinister about a airline cancelling it's flight when it still has time to take off before the closure of Manchester Airport and telling it's passengers to go home as the Greek airport would be closed by the time we arrived (This was a lie) They said the flight had a "indefinite delay" not canx at that point but within the hour we were told to collect our bags. One customer who was sat close to me on the aircraft asked a crew member should she get a hotel for the night she was told "no go home" Later that day Thompson's web site said the flight was cancelled but one flight was brought back to fly out in about two and a half hours time asking people to return to the airport and book in.

My question again is having secured a aircraft which arrived at 06.25 and left for Kefallinia at 14.00 why did they not let the the passengers know through the proper channels that a flight was available to those who could make it after all there was say from 05.00 to 14.00 to get people there, they had 9Hrs. they did it in the early hours.
Thankyou for the comments about the letter "P" I do fully understand what that letter means but it was not really necessary if they had contacted us passengers.

This is only part of the story, there is a lot more in-between the two paragraphs.
Thoughts and comments are invited.