PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Afriqiyah Airbus 330 Crash
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 16:49
M-rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jet Lag...

Ahem.

Ladies and Gents, in addition to the myriad theories placed before us thus far, I would like to contribute a possibility.

If the possible consequences (some/all - there are many possibilities) of FCOM 3/QRH OEB 076/2A from March 2010 "ERRONEOUS RADIO ALTIMETER (RA) HEIGHT INDICATION were somehow to have played a part in the latter stages of this approach, then we may have some factors which may have contributed or exacerbated this accident. It may be worth incorporating that OEB in to the theorizing taking place. The OEB is too long for me too transcribe at the moment. I unfortunately don't have the time to paste it in. Perhaps some other intrepid soul may.

As I scan the photos placed on this forum so far, it occurs to me that the debris trail is in line with a perimeter fence, it must be the south fence. Is it possible that in the heat of the moment our departed brethren mistook this line for the approach lighting system (which may or may not have been operable?). This may explain the deviation from the centreline, perhaps.

In my personal experience, Airbus in Toulouse will most certainly have downloaded and sequenced the DFDR. It is very very quiet. This is in itself quite interesting.