PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways vs. BASSA (Airline Staff Only)
Old 20th May 2010, 16:05
yellowdog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You insinuate that BA employees are the same as workers that you quote. BA pays your wages to state the obvious. It is a privatised company. It will not be supported by government. You can't compare workers of a private company to those you quote. Is that relevant enough for you?
No not really!

Are you saying no private company should have union representation because the government won't be there to bail them out?

Why can't I compare workers from other unionised areas of the work force? Other big privatised companies also have unionised work forces, that surprisingly enough aren't militant and do a good job of go-between, between the employers and employees.

The way I see it is; BASSA have had it good for years and have got too big for their boots. They seem to think the Company revolves around them.

If we had a union that was more forward thinking and more able to understand the need for change then IR wouldn't be where it is today. Oh hang on we did have one of those - but then they seem to be forgotten in all of this.

At my base we always had very good IR, and things got sorted, deals got done and everyone was happy.

It is a shame people seem to be tarring everyone with the same brush; all BA crew do not belong to BASSA, all BA crew do not agree with the situation and how we got there, and all BA should think carefully when burning their bridges with regard to union membership!