PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 13:57
BetterByBoat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting a few posts back about the potential PR disaster ... not sure I agree. I think that people have very short memories and my experience so far is that passengers want BA to continue flying with CC who are committed to the airline and the passengers and not to be held to ransom by some dinasour union.

The more of this that goes to the courts, especially the European courts, the more it becomes a long playing lottery. And the less BA can shape events. From what I have seen so far WW has said what he will do and then done it. Interesting in the Times that he said "During the last strike, we flew more than 80 per cent of our customers. I am considering plans to raise that number towards 100 per cent should the need arise.I sincerely hope it does not." .... I think it is clear that come the end of the 12 week protection that something will happen. Compulsory redundancies? New contracts (sign or leave) ? Who knows. But ironically for BASSA, I think we'll find that come mid-June football rather than unions will be the main news .... convenient timing for WW to do what he needs to do with the press far more interested in Englands route to world cup glory .......