PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2010, 13:54
Tin67

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABBA Effect

I don't think CC need to strike next week, the damage to BA is already done as customers will be deserting the airline for more reliable airlines.

My company is clamping down on travel, but even so, where necessary BA are definitely off the list. It seems the Star Alliance airlines are the preference now for all trips. As a large US corporate that spends $millions each year on flights, others like us taking their "business" travel elsewhere is going to hurt BA, especially on the US routes.

I have one personal route left to fly with BA in June and I am hoping that additional IA dates are not brought in to ruin this special trip. I was booked to go out next week originally, but with that flight now cancelled I had no option but to change. Thankfully for me, I am not reliant on being away over the school holidays like thousands of other families are. I hope they all get away.

As for the summer, it was a case of ABBA and I'm booked elsewhere as I cannot afford for my family holiday to be ruined by a rediculous strike.

BA - Unite, sort it out one way or another before it's too late.